When I left for college my mother assumed that I would be eating healthy and college would be the beginning of what she hoped would be the beginning of an interest in healthy food. I wish she was right!
Within the first few months I found myself splitting meals between the school canteen and local fast food joints which eventually put a toil on my pocket and my health (that’s a story for another day).
I found myself skipping breakfast –I always woke up late and I found myself dreading burgers for breakfast as I dashed for class. Luckily someone told me to have fruit and yogurt and it has turned to be my favorite mini breakfast on the go.
- 1 apple (I love Granny Smith from Pick ‘n’ Pay)
- 1 banana
- 1 orange (I don’t like oranges so I skipped the orange)
- A pinch of sugar
- Yogurt (I prefer Vanilla by Dendairy)
- Wash the apple thoroughly ,then dice
- Peel the banana. Cut into quarter pieces and then cut the quarter pieces into halves
- For those that love oranges :cut the orange into ½ crescents and then cut the pieces into two and make sure you remove the peel from the pieces
- Mix the apple ,banana and orange in a bowl and add a pinch or two depending on your taste of sugar to the top
- You can eat the yogurt on the side or you can add to the fruit.
Ancillar has a ridiculous sense of humor and is on a mission not to melt in sunshine city .